If you’ve been wanting to give Rottefella’s innovative NTN telemark binding a try, check out the tour dates below. Rottefella with Telemark Skier Magazine will be conducting a tour this winter to spread the stoke and give folks the opportunity to experience the revolution of skiing tele without a cable.
If you don’t know what NTN is, it’s a new binding and boot interface that radically improves the power transfer from boot to ski for telemark skiing. Instead of attaching the boot to the ski via a ‘duckbill’-style 75 mm toe, as do all other telemark bindings, the NTN binding clasps the boot underfoot with opposing force. The interface connects to the boot via two separate points, at the front of the boot (much like a traditional alpine skiing binding) as well as under the boot just beneath the arch via a second heel. Because it connects at two points, and in a more secure way, NTN delivers unparalleled performance.
But we hear ya. Ya gotta try to believe. So now’s your chance (or soon anyway).
Head to anyone of the demo events below and look for the demo tent. Telemark Skier Editor Josh Madsen, who’s helping manage the tour, will be present at all events. Along with raffling off an NTN binding at each event, they’ll have a full fleet of K2 skis mounted with NTN bindings and of course SCARPA boots compatible with NTN. As well, they’ll be handing out this rebate for $100 off when you buy both boots and bindings. Finally, there will be an after-party at each event featuring a screening of Maden’s tele-flick “The Freeheel Life 2: Hippies Punx & Misfits”.
Here’s the dates to remember:
- December 5, 2010 NTN Demo Day @ Loveland Ski Area, Georgetown, CO
- December 11, 2010 – NTN Demo Day @ Jay Peak Resort, Jay, VT
- January 8-9, 2011 – NTN Demo Days @ North West Tele-Fest/Hoodoo Ski Area, Hoodoo, OR
- January 15, 2011 – NTN Demo Day @ Alta Ski Area, Alta, UT
- January 29, 2011 – NTN Demo Day @ Steamboat Ski Resort, Steamboat, CO
- February 25-26, 2011 – NTN Demo Days @ Alpine Meadows Telemark Festival, Alpine Meadows, CA